FASHIONISTA- ZOE SALDANA

Posted 9:26 PM by mizzeboni in













Zoe Saldana is truly becoming a true fashionista in her own rights. She has handled herself in such a way that exudes a certain sexy while maintaining that ever-so-classy demeanor. I truly admire the way that she doesnt let the spoils of Hollywood get to her by remaining true to herself and maintaining an air of confidence to challenge some of the best actresses out there.



ON HER OWN SEXY CONFIDENCE:

“Look at me. I’m skinny, I have a big nose, no tits and no ass, but in a room full of beautiful women, I would still leave with the most gorgeous guy.” (LATINA, June/July 2009)




Saldana was born in New Jersey on June 19, 1978 to Peurto Rican and Dominican parents, which I love because I really thought she played a being black in Guess Who with Ashton Kutcher very well. To me, it seems like some would turn that role down because they would not like to portray an African American if they weren't-sorry but its true. She was raised in Queens, NY before setting off to the Dominican Republic where she enlisted in ballet classes @ the most prestigious school (which helped her land the role in Center Stage). Saldana returned to the states after her sophmore year in high school. She became involved with The Faces theatre troupe whose aim was to make an impact on teenagers. They did this by performing improv skits on different issues such as drug abuse and sexuality. This was said to be her starting point in her acting career. This was most of the general information I found on Saldana besides her filmography and wished to have found more on the 31 year old actress. Her films include: Center Stage, Get Over It, Drumline, Guess Who, Star Trek (2009), Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Crossroads.



Why Zaldana is my fashionista choice is not because as soon as she stepped out into the spotlight she was just drenched in impeccable fashion sense. In fact, I mean look at the pictures, honey needed some work. But I admire the fact that as she has grown in the industry, her style has evolved with it. Some people that have been in the biz start out strong, slip off and have some once in a while hits, but she is just on this train that is going nowhere but ahead. She continues to steal red carpet events and photoshoots. I dont claim a fashionista HAS to have that je ne sais que, but knows if they do not possess it, they must find a way to obtain it- at the least fake it. Zoe Saldana is emerging as this force to be reckoned with not only on film but in the lime light of the fashion world. I pray that she continues to stun and stunt on those who write minorities off and out of the fashion world because I do believe she will have the last laugh.. HA-HA, TA-TA.



ON AVOIDING A HOLLYWOOD EGO: “You’ll never see me shopping on Robertson Boulevard or hanging out in super-public spaces like that. I’m fiercely territorial about my privacy. And I cannot follow a crowd,” she says. “I never want to get to the point where I’m walking a red carpet thinking, ‘I’m fabulous.’ At times, Hollywood is going to get the best of you, and you will wake up feeling overconfident. But I have too many people that keep me in check if I fail to do so myself.”


0 comment(s) to... “FASHIONISTA- ZOE SALDANA”

0 comments: